Saturday, January 24, 2009

AUNT DREA!

I am an Aunt AGAIN!

Meet my newest nephew...........Master Otis R.


(I put the "R." middle initial in there because I really think he looks like a "Rocco", but his mommylindsay and daddymarcus went with Otis and I'm respecting that.......to an extent.......but I'm giving him a middle name in my head.)


(Shhhhhh! Don't tell.....it will be our little secret, Otis, just between you and your Aunt Drea.
If you keep the secret, my little Rocco, I will buy you things.)






Look at that FACE! I just want to eat him for lunch he's so cute!


Otis is a rescue dog from the DFW Shih-Tzu/Lhasa Apso rescue.
http://www.dfwtzusandmorerescue.com/

I was sooooooooooo excited when my sister said she was going to adopt from a rescue place.
I love rescue dogs. When you look into their eyes, they say, "Thank You". There are so many of them out there waiting to love on someone.



If I had it my way, I would adopt at least two a year...........however, I enjoy the whole "being married" aspect of my life so I don't really push the issue.

After PeeWee found me last February, T put a screeching halt on dog adoptions. I have accepted the fact that if I sign any "adoption papers", I will more than likely be signing these kinds of papers:

within hours.

Lindsay says he isn't all Shih-Tzu, but I want to say that he is. Why? Because we all love saying Shih-Tzu three times really fast around here. Do it right now. Say Shih-Tzu three times really fast.

It's like that feeling you get when you sing a cuss word lyric from a song when you are a kid.......it's like a "gimme"......it's not like you MEANT to say it.........it's just part of the lyric...or, in this case, part of the breed name.

(If you are trying to think of an example, just think back to Charlie Daniel's Band's "Devil Went Down to Georgia".....

after Johnny finished opening a can of whoop-ass with his fiddle playing and he tells the Devil to "come on back if he ever wants to try again....I done told you once, you *** ** * *****,......... I'm the best that's ever been!")


R suggested Otis make good friends with a nice, lady Bulldog and then they could have little "Bull-shih-t's".

My niece, Lily, (who stayed with me this summer), seems to really like her new brother.
"We play togefer 'cuz we lub eech ubber"



I love to watch dogs play. It makes my heart SMILE. When I get old and am stuck in a wheelchair, just park me in a room full of dogs so I can watch them play.......with an iPod full of Stevie Nicks songs stuck in my old wrinkly ears. (ARE YOU READING THIS, RYAN?)



I'm actually so glad Lily has a sibling to play with. Ooops-----rather, "a sibling with which to play"---if a preposition at the end of a sentence gives you the willies like it does me.


Lily sez: "I lub my Aunt Drea"
Otis R. sez: "I lub my Aunt Drea, too"
Aunt Drea sez: "I lub my Cow-town buddies!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My cutie-pututies! Marcus wanted to name him Larry or Jim to "counteract the cuteness" so Otis is much better than those. It is fun to yodel his name, "Oh-de-oh-tis," and to put it to Beyonce's, "Single Ladies" song: "Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! O-tis."

I guess I always heard the censored lyrics to the Devil Went Down to Georgia; I thought it was "son of a gun." The other way is much better! :)