Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Father/Son Halloween Candy Sort



I just love the weeks following Halloween. It means my family can eat for days and days without me actually having to go to the grocery store. Hungry for breakfast? Dig through the bowl. Need a little snack? Go for a dig. It's 6:00 and there's nothing for dinner? Have a Snickers....but for God's sake, eat it with a fork......dinner deserves that added touch of respect.



T and R decided to sort through all the Halloween candy tonight and pick out the good, the bad, and the ugly. Let me tell you, when it comes to candy, T has DEFINITE opinions on what is acceptable and what needs to be chunked in the trash.

Here is what they deemed unworthy to reside in our candy bowl:

Lemonheads: Because these have a "fruit" flavor, they violate T's #1 rule for desserts. "FRUIT IS NOT FOR DESSERT". (He will, however, make an exception to this rule if blueberries are involved)


Our next "offender" falls in the waxy-gross-solid-colored-mystery-candy category that you will only find in old people's candy dishes.



Also getting tossed this evening was a generic peanut butter cup. This violates Snow White's #1 candy rule: Go Reeses or Go Home.



Strawberry Hard Candy: (See T's #1 Dessert Rule)



Gross Suckers: There are two types of suckers in this world. TootsiePops and BlowPops. NOT gross flavored weird pops.





T and R ended up banishing all these Halloween gifts to the trash. (Yes, even the Tootsie Roll....we had wayyyyy too many of those so it's okay if one or two slipped by)


This is the creepiest treat we collected---it's a skeleton foot sucker.
Wouldn't that be great for a podiatrist to hand out?
(Or as we call it....."The Toe-a-nologist")



So there we have it! All the "GOOD" candy has been given the honor of hanging out in the oober fancy huge Southern Living At Home Punch/Salad bowl that I just had to have and this will be the first time I've used it.



Oh......and since it is election night and I have been watching the news for the past 5 hours straight.....I thought I would include this wonderful candy. I like to call it "The Obama Bar". I can't wait until the truckload of wealth distribution/piece of the pie sharing backs up to my front door to deliver me "100 Grand" worth of money that someone needs to share with me!



Where was G during this family activity, you ask?




SO.......What's YOUR favorite candy? What do YOU deem unworthy to put in your candy bowl?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw Nerds and Starbursts in your trash pile o' candy. That's unacceptable....unless they were tropical fruit flavored, and that doesn't appear to be the case. Also, dare I say I saw MILK DUDS in your trash pile. Those are highly coveted in my office. I had a bowl of candy with Milk Duds, Snickers minis, Twix, Rolos, and Three Musketeers in my office for Halloween, and Milk Duds was the favorite of everyone (except me -- my fav are Take 5s but I hid those in my desk for myself).

A Sassy Chick said...

I have to say although not my favorite... Dylan is way in love with any gum, nerds, smarties, and starbusts. All of which are in your trash pile. The stuff that won't move at our house are the pay days, almond joys, now and laters, and odd suckers.

Goldilocks said...

(1) Not shown in your pictures where the St. Arnold Christmas bars that Mr. Snow White and Papa Bear enjoyed.
(2) It's not that some of your candy was destined for the trash pile......think of it more as a "redistribution".