Thursday, November 20, 2008

Weekend Recap


This weekend the Snow White gang hosted my sister, Aunt L, her hubby, Uncle M, and my canine-niece, Lily all the way from Cow-Town. (That's Ft. Worth for those of you that don't know, but don't feel bad, I didn't know it either until she moved there!)


The girls went shopping at The Nutcraker Market and the boys went golfing.

Before we headed out to the Nutcracker, we made a short stop at Famous Footwear to get some shoes because being the fashionably-challenged individual that I am, I always need Aunt L's opinion before buying footwear. They felt comfy enough, so I decided to prance around in them amongst all those high society shoppers.

Here I am after my favorite purchase of the day. It is this PRECIOUS little oilcloth "To-Do" list that is going to change the way this family operates.
My first entry on the "To-Do"list? .........."GET BANDAIDS".
Yeah, by this point, the "let's wear a new pair of shoes" to shop a 70 gazillion square foot building was turning out to be a horrible, crippling idea.

We shopped until they kicked us out and we still didn't have time to really look at everything.
Since we had to park in another county, and my feet felt like hamburger meat, we got one of those bicycle taxi's to take us to our car.

Thank you Mr. Bicycle-Taxi driver man. My feet want to marry you.


On the way back home, we stopped at this AWESOME little "place" I know that has the best foot healing remedies.............in a glass............with a straw.........and fancy fruit for decoration.


Aunt L and I both ordered the same thing.....I know, boring.....but we had had enough excitement for the day with the whole "Life Changing To-Do-List" purchase.



YUM! During dinner, we both realized we needed to hurry and get back and show the boys all the one-of-a-kind finds we discovered on our excursion. We were SURE they would be so excited to see the goodie$$$$$$.


SEE? I told you the boys were going to be excited about all our purchases. Just LOOK at them! They can barely STAND themselves. (Looks like golfing might have hurt their feet, they seem to be indulging in some foot healing potions)

Here are some of our favorite finds of the day:


I love this little gem. It is a magnetic chalkboard thingy.
Item #2 on the "To-Do" list: GET CHALK FOR THE MAGNETIC CHALKBOARD THINGY



I think this was Aunt L's favorite purchase. There was this cutesy cartoonish tea-pot that went with this mug and I really wanted to somehow sneak-buy it without her looking and give it to her for her birthday, but couldn't figure out how to sneak off.



All our purchases!
Aunt L, let's go again next year........but not in new shoes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Look at that gorgeous collar bone!! :)

Have your feet made a full recovery? Don't beat yourself up over your shopping blunder with the new shoes. You are a shopping newby....but I plan to change that!!