Sunday, November 23, 2008

Selling A House

One of my favorite "Avoid-Housework-Surf-The-Internet" activities is to go online to the listings of homes for sale and look at all the pictures. I started doing this as a way to see exactly "WHAT" to do with a room, however, sometimes I run across rooms that are examples of what "NOT" to do .

Example Numero Uno:
The "Sometimes It's Better Just To Leave A Room Empty" Room


I feel so sorry for this sad, lonely, tiny table.

Example Numero Dos:
The "What In The World Is That Painting" Room
Check out the painting. Look at it for a while and see if you see what I see.


Is it just me or does it look like the older kid is peeing on the younger one?


And finally......my personal favorite:

Example Numero Tres:
"Barbie Dreamhouse Meets Marilyn Manson Goth"


How many coats of paint will it take the new owners to fix that ceiling? This room makes my eyeballs sting.
I bet this chick will grow up to live in a house that looks like THIS:


Doesn't it make you crave THIS?:

It also makes me crave those "Snowball" Hostess Snack cakes that I would con my mother into buying for me by SWEARING I would eat them but then I would bite into them and wig out because they felt all spongy and ooey and weird in my mouth.

Remember those "Snowballs"? Like shown here in this lovely, classy wedding cake?

Photobucket

(I bet that was one interesting wedding.)




4 comments:

Goldilocks said...

THIS IS MY FAVORITE POST!!!!!

A Sassy Chick said...

Is it sad that I like the cake idea? Hmmm...

Christy M. said...

OMG! I cannot believe you look around at online home listings for decorating ideas! What a fabulous idea!!! And I totally love your "Don'ts". They are truly priceless. It's a good thing my house in Houston sold a couple of years back or I might have been featured on your blog too. The previous owners had some wierd tastes we never got around to changing, like blue faux paneling in the kitchen. It was hideous!

Love the cake. It was yours, wasn't it :)

Unknown said...

Ha! Cute post --- I must say that I would have killed for that Barbie/Marilyn Manson room in high school!