Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"FORE" the boys..............


So we have been playing LOTS of golf around here, both in tournaments and as a family on the weekends! G plays in roughly one tournament per week and here he is last week at the Longwood course.


I decided to attend the tournament and follow quietly behind. I hope I didn't make him nervous. I couldn't resist taking a picture of this shot............he was BEHIND a tree in the fairway and had to use his putter to get out! (not his favorite hole on the course to say the least)


We have started going out as a family on the weekends and play a round. T surprised me with my very own set of clubs for Valentines day and I can't wait to take a few lessons and play with them. For now, I'm happy just being the second cart driver:-)








I'm hoping all teenagers look this thrilled to be taking a picture with their momma.


..............or their daddy. Teenagers are just a ray of sunshine, let me tell you.


Once we are away from the clubhouse, I always let R drive..........I never know where the balls are and it's just easier for him to drive to his own shots:-)


After spending a considerable amount of time sitting in golf carts over the past year, it suddenly occurred to me that maybe golfers aren't that smart based on the above picture? I would have never been able to master this thing had it not been for the clear signage.




1 comment:

Reading Rosie said...

Pretty much all I'm able to do golf wise is drive the cart. But that is fun and golf courses are beautiful just to ride around on :)