Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Tour of Homes 2008

WELCOME TO SNOW WHITE'S COTTAGE!


I had so many things to show, I had to do it in three posts!

Check out
this one (about tiny touches) and this one (about ornaments) for more:-)










(Real classy of me not to turn off the tv for a pic, huh? I live with three males.....do you know how hard it is to get a shot of the t.v. withOUT ESPN on?)














(I have just discovered these clip on bird thingys.........and they are my new favorite thing. Next year I want to have clip on birds on EVERYTHING!)




This is where the Gingerbread Men hang out:




Candle Rings:


I was searching for small wreaths to hang in the windows and came across these "Candle Rings" that are really supposed to lay flat with a big honkin' candle in the middle. They come already decorated so it's much easier than buying the little wreaths and re-inventing the wheel!









(My parents payed for nine years of piano lessons and pretty much all I can do now with a piano is decorate it.......and play "The Spinning Song" over........and over.........and over.........all dad ever wanted to hear was "Bring In The Clowns" and I still haven't learned it for him! Maybe it will be my New Year's Resolution?)





Cranberries and pine cones!





(Ornaments aren't just for trees!)








Mrs. Reindeer:




The Snowman village: (along with Mr. Flamingo that R decorated at Bible Study)



Here is my tree skirt that my Mother-in-law made me. The boys put their handprints on it in red every Christmas, then she stitches around it and has them sign their name in Sharpie. This item is one of those, "If my house were burning, what would I grab" kinda things. I love it.






And this thing?...............................................


Don't ask............it's a long story.





THANKS FOR VISITING! SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!


24 comments:

Goldilocks said...

I LOVE your pretty home! You did an AWESOME job!!!

Goldilocks said...

Snow- Your home is beautiful! You did a GREAT job!!

Queenie said...

Snow - Bravo! Your house looks awesome. I am definitely doing the ornaments on the light fixture thing next year. What a great idea! I will be watching for signs of the need for an intervention re: Christmas picks. If I find one in your hair we are going to have to talk! Queenie

Frugal Finds said...

Very nice!!!

A Sassy Chick said...

You are so ahead of the game! I'll be happy if I post before midnight... maybe I'll try after our appointment today... hmmm... wish me luck!

jamie b said...

I love your decorations and I especially love that tree skirt! What a wonderful idea!

Merry Christmas!

Lana said...

Loving the pink flamingo! So festive!

Anonymous said...

I especially like the gingerbread men! Thanks for sharing your house! Come over to mine if you can.

Caroline

Anonymous said...

Beautiful - thank you for sharing! I think your piano is lovely, and by the way, I love "Spinning Song" :) Merry Christmas!
Susan

Anonymous said...

beautiful home. i love my 'birdie' clips too!
~nicole

Melissa P said...

Your "cottage" is BEAUTIFUL! Our kitchen light fixture is almost the same... might have to copy that idea.

Laurie said...

Your house is beautiful! Honestly, I want to sit on your couch and visit a while, but I must keep touring. I love that you decorated your lamp shades. That is a great idea!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Your "cottage" is BEAUTIFUL! Our kitchen light fixture is almost the same... might have to copy that idea. P.S. Where is your fire place? -Melissa P.

Cyndi said...

Love love love the treeskirt idea. And I love the wreaths on the inside windows. Merry Christmas thanks for having us.

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

OMG! It's beautiful! I want to have a house that has as much pretty stuff in it as yours someday! I better sell some more calves or horses first! Great job! bravo!

Brittany said...

Oh wow! I love the tree skirt! What a wonderful and unique idea! I might have to "borrow" it from you!

Decor To Adore said...

Your decorations are so pretty.
I hope you'll visit my blog soon. I've had giveaway's every Friday in December.

The Happy Housewife said...

Love the pink flamingo! Your decorations are gorgeous!
Toni
http://thehappyhousewife.com

Unknown said...

You did an amazing job. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us.

Terri said...

Beautiful. Love the tree skirt idea. Thanks for sharing

Heather said...

I like how you decorated your piano!

Myriam said...

wow. Very pretty. Excellent job.

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh but I DO want to know all about the pink flamingo with the hat and scarf!!! I have a flamingo story of my own.

BTW - - - at OUR house, it is me who is addicted to ESPN, fact is I KNEW that was ESPN before you even said so.

Your house looks lovely - - - especially WITH ESPN.

Thanks for inviting me over.

Merry Christmas

Unknown said...

What a beautiful home you have! Thanks for opening our home during this Christmas season.