Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Exciting News "FORE" Our Family!


HE MADE THE TEAM! G is now an official member of the Golf Team.

Being a young man of few words, this is how it went:

I pick him up after tryouts. He puts his bag in the back of the car. (Insert mother DYING to scream out, "WELL....DID YOU MAKE IT?"...but I hold back.......trying to be cool and not make a scene in the parking lot.....waiting until the doors were shut and nobody could hear me screaming)

He closes the back, comes around to get in the car, gets in, closes the door, I put the car in drive, he says....."Yes".

THAT'S IT. "Yes"........Does that mean, "Yes, I need to come back next year.....yes, I need to practice more.....yes, I am hungry......WHAT?"

So I said, "Yes, you made the team, yes?"

Guess what he said: You guessed it........"Yes".

(Is there an echo in here? Hello.......hello........hello.........heeelllllooooooo)
Two yes's........that's about the extent of it. I could insert one of those MasterCard commercial moments here and tally up just how much that "yes" has cost us in golf clubs, balls, golf shoes, golf bags, green fees, club memberships, surgeries, etc.............but I won't......mainly because I really don't want to know what that "yes" costs...............because it's PRICELESS!

(I can hardly believe that nearly two months ago to the day.......THIS HAPPENED)

So, of course, we needed to have a "Celebration Dinner"! (My second favorite thing about that afternoon......#1, kid makes golf team.......#2, don't have to make dinner)



R asked his friend, S and G asked his friend, H to come with us.


It wouldn't be a trip to Willie's without G's favorite appetizer.....fried pickles.

(and nothing says, "CELEBRATE" like a plate full of pickles, am I right or am I right?)


Congrats, baby boy! (Just noticed the Corona sign over one shoulder, the Miller one over the other and the Dos Equis salt/pepper/silverware holder on the table.....hahahahaha!)