Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cookie Swap Bunco!

I am officially a member of the Domestic Goddess Club.

I attended my FIRST EVER "Cookie Swap" last night. For years, I have heard about this ancient domestic ritual that organized, creative, culinary minded women the world over take part in every December.

(An activity that, until last night, seemed like a mystical legend of sorts...............kinda like Bigfoot or the Abominable Snowman.)

Well, LEGEND NO MORE.....................I can now say, "Oh, yes.......I've been to a cookie swap."

Who knows....this might lead to me saying, "Oh yes, I'm planting bulbs this year" or...."Oh yes, I flip the mattresses every spring"...................

Although it was a small cookie swap (compared to the legendary swaps I've been reading about online and in blogs in magic leather bound dusty books of Christmas' past), it was still a great swap!

Seven of us from my Bunco group decided to strap on the ol' aprons and give it our best shot.
(I just LOVED the table set up with the ribbons and the jingle bells....note to self.....copy KW's idea for next year's table.)

Here's the loot:

K.Z. made this wonderful Peppermint Fudge and Peppermint Puff Cookies.



B.B. made these Raspberry Lemon Thumbprint Cookies.



K.W. made Hello Dollies (or as she refers to them: Tiger Bars)
Hello Dollies are one of those "If you were on Death Row and had one last meal to eat, what would it be?" kinda things for me...............My soul is connected on deep deep levels with anything coconuty with sweetened condensed milk.



L.W. made White Chocolate Peppermint Delights.



L.C. made Oreo Truffles. (she was also celebrating her 25th Wedding Anniversary!)



A.H. made Gingersnaps! (Sorry I didn't get a pic of them outside of their cute little homes...trust me, they're in there taking a nap all warm and snuggly with all that yummy molasses)



And I made Snickerdoodles! (These are the ones that I won Reserve Champion with in 1981 at the my county fair and R won Reserve Grand Champion with at our 2007 county fair.........like mother, like son!)



I EVEN decorated the BOTTOM of my platter! (Channeling that "inner Martha" that came out during Goldilock's Christmas Decorating challenge.................she has created a MONSTER)

I pray every day that she never issues a "Clean Closet Challenge" or a "Laundry Challenge"..........................................

.....................and T prays every day that she will.



We had a great time and got to come home with 7 different kinds of cookies that WE DIDN'T HAVE TO MAKE!





Wonder what I'll make next year?...................................................

1 comment:

Goldilocks said...

Looks yummy-I love all the fun baked goods that come from a cookie swap.