Thursday, April 16, 2009

Liar Liar, Pants On Fire

Dear Mr. President,
I'm really TRYING to like you. I really am.

I didn't actually vote for you, but I know we are all in this together for the next four please dear Lord don't let it be eight years so I'm willing to give you a chance and not whine about it...............well, maybe whine just a little.

To be honest, I don't really understand all this economy stuff.

I don't "speak" economy.

I don't "speak" stimulus package, or bail-out, or Dow Jones.

Let me tell you what I do speak.

I speak DOG. Specifically, RESCUE DOGS........and, well, I also speak Stevie Nicks and Henry VIII trivia, but we won't get into that right now.

Last Fall, you posed on the cover of American Dog with a puppy mill rescue dog named Baby.

You said you would "like" to adopt a dog. (Clever Clinton move, Mr. Obama......using the word "like"..........just in CASE you needed to make it look like you weren't a liar liar pants on fire in the future...........)

In November, Michelle told Entertainment Tonight that the family would be adopting a rescue dog.

Shelter/Rescue/Breed-Rescue Dogs all over the country were suddenly on the cusp of getting a much needed "shout out!"............and to think it was going to be our President that would be leading the way!

Our First Family leading by example to show America to ACT RESPONSIBLY (didn't you say that in your Inaugural address?) and adopt one of the millions of dogs sitting in shelters.

Instead, you accept a purebred pedigreed gift from "American Royalty"........Ted Kennedy?????????????

WHAT THE WHHHHHHAT?

Let me say that again.......because when I say it out loud, the magnitude of your little "fib" hits me like a brick.


YOU ACCEPT A PUREBRED PEDIGREED GIFT FROM TED KENNEDY.

Yeah, sure, I get the whole "this is the dog's second home" story that was so cleverly crafted by the Washington spin machine. How coincidental that RIGHT about the time you were ready to adopt, there just HAPPENED to be this puppy that "didn't work out" at it's former home.

PAH-LEEEEEEEZE!

Did you SERIOUSLY think I would buy that story?

As far as the "allergy" thing goes.......there are plenty of Breed-Specific Rescue groups that you could have used to cover this problem so don't even GO there with me.

The point is, that dog would have found a home regardless. What you did by accepting this "gift" (wink wink) from Prince Kennedy was to put a sweet hardworking shelter/rescue dog out of work. You ripped the job right out from under him.


You SAID you would give him the job, but then you FIRED him before you even HIRED him.

The way I see it, America put their faith in someone who wasn't a "Pedigreed Politician". You didn't come from a long line of political royalty. Frankly, you didn't have a whole lot of experience!!!!! You were a grass roots kinda nominee.

America gave YOU a chance even though you didn't have the Washington equivalent of "AKC Registration Papers".



Shame on you, Mr. President. You should have led by example.

With one brilliantly crafted photo-op to a shelter, you could have single handedly made rescue dogs "the new black".

And while I am glad that your girls now have an animal to love,



I hope "Bo" is hard to potty train and I hope he pees on your rug.


8 comments:

3girlsmom said...

I am standing and clapping right now.

Ok, I'm not really, but I am in my head.

EXCELLENT POST! The last line is totally my fave. Hilarious.

He's such a smooth talker. Makes me crazy.

Goldilocks said...

Snow, I read E.V.E.R.Y. word. I laughed, I cried, but most of all cheered for the rescue underdogs!

Melissa P said...

Good stuff snow... well said. I have a few friends that would enjoy this post... can I share?

Unknown said...

I didn't feel passionate about this until now! I think you need to adopt another rescue dog on behalf of Obama. :)

Unknown said...

~protest chant~

Obama Lied!
Dogs Died!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Reading Rosie said...

Now that is my kind of politics! I'll vote you in the next election :) Too funny!

Queenie said...

You need to send this to the Op Ed section of the Chronicle. It is very well said and should be shared more widely! Bravo!