Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Housework Can Be Dangerous



Okay, so if you didn't read the last post (Surprise In the Dishwasher),
just know that the above picture is REAL.



This really is a snake and it really was in our friend's dishwasher after their house flooded last week.




It made me consider just how dangerous housekeeping can be if done properly.



Just today I went to do some laundry and BAM.....................




No laundry today........................




I must consider my safety ........I mean, who would pick everyone up from school if I was dead on the bathroom floor from a bite from this guy?





Then I thought about doing a little dusting since you could pretty much write a novel with your finger on any surface in our house............but BAM.............



EEEK!.....................safety first.





I "WANTED" to cook something fabulous for dinner

but......................................





..........looks like it's another Chick-a Vay kind of night.



And with all this spare time I had left........

since I couldn't do my normal "Wednesday housekeeping" schedule,


I EVEN considered going upstairs for the monthly viewing of "What In God's Name Have The Kids Been Doing Up Here".........




but, alas........................................



Blocked. No upstairs for me today.




Finally, I considered bathing Ruthie since she smells like rotting wet gym socks,

but even THAT plan was ruined.





So I guess I have no choice but to sit on the couch and clean a few Oprahs off the ol' DVR.

I think my friend's snake-in-the-dishwasher episode was God's way of saying, "Take it easy on the housekeeping.........things could get dangerous."



2 comments:

Reading Rosie said...

I will never again open my dishwasher with such carefree thoughts to my safety! I would have s*** and died on the floor then and there. Your follow up was hysterical. I gotta find my boys rubber snake fast and use it to my advantage. You are a hoot!

Unknown said...

LOL! There are snakes in my office!! Can I come sit on your couch with you? But no Oprah, I only want KARAOKE ON DEMAND!!!

"Hey sista, go sista,
soul sista, flow sista . . .
Hey sista, go sista,
soul sista, go sista . . . "